NARI Sexual Harassment Prevention Webinar | Oct 13 Option
October 13, 2020
8:00 AM PDT - 10:00 AM PDT
Add to Calendar
Zoom Webinar Event
NARI Silicon Valley is offering its annual Sexual Harrassment Prevention Training for all NARI-Member Companies and Prospective Member Companies this October 13th and October 14th. This registration page is for the Tuesday, October 13 workshop option.
If space is available, registration will open up for non-members at a non-member registration rate.
|Under California's New Sexual Harassment Training Requirements, all employers with 5 or more employees are required to provide this training by January 1st 2021. This training needs to occur once every 2 years (if you had training in 2019, you will need retraining in 2021). All supervisory employees (including owners) are required to have 2 hours of training and all non-supervisory employees are required to have 1 hour of training. NARI Silicon Valley has invited Rachael Brown of Sweeney, Mason, Wilson & Bosomworth to return to train and teach our members regarding this important topic. At the end of training all will receive a certificate which companies can hold in employee files.|
FOR STAFF REGISTRATIONS OF 6 OR MORE, YOU ARE WELCOME TO COMPLETE THE ATTACHED SPREADSHEET AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE AND EMAIL TO THE NARI OFFICE AT [email protected] AND WE WILL BILL YOU IN ADVANCE.
- 7:50 AM | attendee log in to Zoom
- @8:00 - 9:00 AM | training webinar for employees AND owners/supervisors
- @9:00 - 10:00 AM | additional hour training workshop for owners/supervisors only
Topics the training will cover:
- The definition of sexual harassment under the Fair Employment and Housing Act and Title VII of the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964
- The statutes and case-law prohibiting and preventing sexual harassment
- The types of conduct that can be considered sexual harassment
- The remedies available for victims of sexual harassment
- Strategies to prevent sexual harassment
- Supervisors’ obligation to report harassment
- Practical examples of harassment
- The limited confidentiality of the complaint process
- Resources for victims of sexual harassment, including to whom they should report it
- How employers must correct harassing behavior
- What to do if a supervisor is personally accused of harassment
- The elements of an effective anti-harassment policy and how to use it
- The definition of “abusive conduct” under Government Code section 12950.1, subdivision (g)(2)
- Harassment based on gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation, which shall include practical examples inclusive of harassment based on gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
All training will include questions that assess learning, skill-building activities to assess understanding and application of content, and hypothetical scenarios about harassment with discussion questions.
The cost will be $25.00/person for NARI members and $35.00/person for non-members. Zoom webinar space limited to max attendance is 98. Please register you and your staff as soon as possible.
If this date does not work for you or there is no space available, you are welcome to register for the October 14 Zoom webinar.
Meeting Etiquette: We encourage members to bring their employees to meetings, so as a courtesy your NARI Board of Directors is asking that direct employment recruitment not be conducted at meetings.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: If there are registration fees, you may cancel up to 24 hours before the meeting begins and request to receive a full refund or have credit applied for a future meeting (except Meta Gala) in the same year. No shows or same-day cancellations will not receive a refund.
Prospective Members/Returning Guests Policy: Prospective guests will be allowed to attend their first 2 chapter meetings at no charge (this is limited to 2 people from the non-member company). After their 3rd chapter meeting, prospective members need to pay the current non-member rate before deciding to join. After their third meeting, if prospective members have not joined, their name(s) will be removed from the meetings e-mail list.Register Now
$25.00 Member Registration#-member login [or see the group registration spreadsheet at bottom of event page]
$25.00 Prospective Member Registration [or see the group registration spreadsheet at bottom of event page]
$35.00 [If Space Available] Non-Member Registration [or see the group registration spreadsheet at bottom of event page]